If you missed church this Sunday, you can be sure we missed you even more. If you were here, but couldn’t hear an announcement, you will find it right here. If you have an announcement that needs to be made, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and it will be posted here. If you want more information about any of the announcements, check in with a vestry member!
- On October 18 we enjoyed our Eucharist with Rev. John Van Siclen! He preached the first in a series of sermons about Paul’s first letter to the Thessalonians, and challenged us to come back to hear his next sermons with an open heart to find out how our similarities to Paul may help us to see how close we can be to God.
- Vestry meets today, Oct. 18th after church. Most vestry meetings are open to the parish. Feel free to ask to have something placed on the agenda if you need something addressed.
- Bob Sinclair and John Atwood attended the virtual diocesan convention this weekend. A full report will be presented during the church on October 25, next Sunday. The convention went very smoothly, with 247 people participating!
- Saturday October 24 the church will be used for a private function. If you need to get something done at the church on Sat 10-24, please be sure your mission is complete by noon. Thanks!
- Saint Giles’ is one of many area churches that belongs to the Ecumenical Homeless Prevention Project in Lincoln County. The Project assesses housing needs in Lincoln County, and helps people in need of a security deposit, rent catch-up, or from time to time a utility bill to prevent shut-off.
- Saint Giles’ Discernment Committee has been hard at work over the past few weeks with interviews and prayerful discussion about applicants to our current opening for a priest/rector. The Committee would greatly appreciate your prayers during this busy time.
- Our October 4th Blessing of the Animals was an amazing success. We are already looking forward to next year!
- If you’d like to listed to the convention address, check out the diocesan website. You can find links at www.episcopalmaine.org.